Papers and Reports
Please find below meeting reports and released papers.
- Preview Farmers Support Free Trade? Damn Right We Do! (PDF 2.4 Mb)
Our vision is a world where an equitable and enforceable rulesbased trading system in agriculture creates the opportunities for both developed and developing countries and farmers to benefit from a sustainable agriculture sector and at the same time enjoy the benefits on their economies, developed and developing countries and farmers to benefit from a sustainable agriculture sector and at the same time enjoy the benefits on their economies, contributing to the socio-economic development and political stability.
- National Farmers' Federation Trade Policy Brief (PDF 6.2 Mb)
The NFF's Trade Policy Brief - launched May 2007 - covers Australia's engagement with the World Trade Organization, the Doha Round and the need for genuine agricultural trade reform.
- Preview Opportunity of a Century to Liberalise Farm Trade (PDF 2.0 Mb)
The publication coincides with the 2002 meeting of the Cairns Group Farm Leaders in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. To encourage public debate on this neglected issue, the report and the chairman's statement, issued after the meeting, is published by the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation as part of their Global Competitiveness R & D program.
- Preview Why market access reforms matter (PDF 1.2 Mb)
A booklet bringing together pertinent research results from a variety of World Bank, IMF, Australian government (ABARE), WTO and UNCTAD research publications, presented in a series of concise charts and diagrams. Includes estimates of the levels of protection in different groups of markets (industrialized and developing), the direction and composition of agricultural trade flows and projections of the impact of different approaches to agricultural trade liberalization, contrasting the impacts of cutting export subsidies and reducing market access barriers.
Statements to Ministers
The Cairns Group Farm Leaders regularly issue statements to the Ministers of the Cairns Group, generally to coincide with their annual meeting.
- Preview Bannf, Alberta, Canada (PDF 14.4 kb)
October 10-13, 2000
- Preview Buenos Aires, Argentina (PDF 26.0 kb)
25 August - 29 August, 1999
- Preview Cairns, Australia (PDF 21.4 kb)
19 September, 2006
- Preview Cairns Group Farm Leaders Statement June 2022 (PDF 321.8 kb)
- Preview Cairns Group Farm Leaders Urge Resolution of WTO Appellate Body Crisis and Renewed Ambition on Agriculture Negotiations ahead of MC 12 (PDF 163.2 kb)
3 January 2020
- Preview Cancun, Mexico (PDF 99.0 kb)
September 8, 2003
- Cartagena, Colombia
30 March, 2005
- Preview Hong Kong, China (PDF 23.7 kb)
11 December, 2005
- Preview Lahore, Pakistan (PDF 21.6 kb)
16 April, 2007
- Preview Punta del Este, Uruguay (PDF 22.7 kb)
September 3 - 8, 2001
- Preview San Jose, Costa Rica (PDF 74.8 kb)
23 -25 February, 2004
- Preview Santa Cruz, Bolivia (PDF 40.6 kb)
17 - 21 October, 2002
- Saskatoon, Canada
September 8-10, 2011
- Preview Seattle, USA (PDF 14.2 kb)
28 November - 3 December, 1999
- Preview Sydney, Australia (Inaugural) (PDF 15.3 kb)
28 March - 3 April, 1998
- Preview Washington D.C., USA (PDF 206.0 kb)
31 May, 2004